Circle of Light Livestream Showcase 2020
GOES LIVE ON FRIDAY 28TH AUG @ 7PM
This Summer, the award winning Circle of Light music project is coming back to Nottingham for its second edition...
Funded by Youth Music, Circle of Light gives 18-25 year old budding musicians and creatives the opportunity to work alongside some of the city’s leading artists and music professionals to learn the ropes of the industry and nurture their creativity. No previous experience in music is required and all participants will be invited to attend a series of creative and practical workshops that aim to refine existing skills and develop new ones- all inspired by the groups passion for music.
The result of the project will be a collaborative album created by workshop participants and produced in partnership with some of Nottingham’s leading music industry professionals; including opportunities for live streamed performances.
Circle of Light is committed to breaking down barriers to music-making and operate a fully inclusive, diversity-driven policy to ensure that participants are given equal opportunities throughout all stages of the project, including the application process.
Social distancing measures have been put place to ensure the safety of participants, and the full scope of the project has been adapted to take into consideration the new, post-covid climate that we have found ourselves in.
The 2019 edition of Circle of Light resulted in:
- The opportunity for participants to work alongside legendary Nottingham artists such as Scorzayzee, Rob Green, Nina Smith, members of The Invisible Orchestra and many more
- An album released on local record label ‘I’m Not From London’
- The BBC featured Circle of Light on a documentary for "Inside/Out"
- Participant Mae Monypenny winning the highly coveted ‘Youth Music Live Performance Award’. The prize for this was 3 days of production time at the Spotify recording studios
- A track from the final album won the 18-25 category at Nottingham's 'Young Creative Awards’
- Tracks from the album were regularly played on BBC radio
- Participants were given the opportunity to perform in front of a live audience at Nottingham’s leading music venue Metronome for the launch of the album and again on Rock City's main stage at the annual Beat The Streets festival
If you would like to be part of this project please apply below...
You can either apply by answering a short series of questions OR by submitting a media file (video, audio, written piece etc) that describes why you would like to be part of the project.
Circle of Light featured on the BBC "Inside/Out" Documentary...
NOTTINGHAM BORN RAPPER
NOTTINGHAM BORN DJ, MUSIC PRODUCER & FESTIVAL/EVENTS ORGANISER
NOTTINGHAM BORN WEST-END PERFORMER